1. Lightly grease the flan cases with a touch of butter.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
3. Break the eggs into a clean jug, beat them well and stir in the double cream.
4. Season to taste, taking care with the salt as sometimes bacon can be a touch salty.
5. Lightly dust your work surface with a little flour and roll out the pastry into circles large enough to line the flan cases.
6. Taking care, gently line the cases with the pastry.
7. Heat a little oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the bacon and shallots gently for about 5 minutes.
8. Remove them from the pan into a colander and shake well to remove any excess oil.
9. Divide the bacon and shallots between the pastry cases.
10. Place the flan cases onto a firm baking tray and top each one with the beaten egg and cream mixture.
11. Place them into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
12. Turn down the temperature to 120°C and bake for a further 10 minutes until the quiche has set and is firm to touch.
13. Remove the quiche lorraine from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing the quiche lorraines from the flan cases.
14. Place the quiche lorraine on warmed plates and serve.