delicious and fast side dish that features fiber packed White Kidney Beans. Use as a side dish, crostini appetizer or lunch idea.
White kidney beans
1 Can (10 oz), drained and rinsed
2 Clove (10 gm), crushed
Dried herbs de provence/1 tablespoon if fresh herbs are used
Chicken stock/White wine or water
Meyer lemon/Normal lemon
1 Large, juiced ((or less to taste))
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium- high heat and sauté crushed garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant.
2. Add the drained cannellini beans, mix to coat with oil.
3. Add crushed sea salt and pepper.
4. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice and mash the beans with the back of a spoon or potato masher if you have. Mash it until as smooth as you like.
5. Serve it in a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh parsley.