Giant Cream Puffs
|For choux dough|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Choux Dough)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Choux Dough)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Choux Dough)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For Choux Dough)|
|Eggs||3 Medium (For Choux Dough)|
|For the filling|
|Instant vanilla pudding mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (For the Filling)|
|Heavy milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Filling)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Filling)|
|Chocolate||4 Tablespoon, melted (for garnishing) (Optional)|
|Powdered sugar||4 Tablespoon (for garnishing) (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large saucepan, place together water and butter, and bring to a boil.
4. Take pan off the heat and stir until butter melts.
5. Add in flour and salt and mix until dough comes away from sides of saucepan.
6. Transfer the dough in a bowl, add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition
using hand blender.
7. On a parchment lined baking sheet, place 8 dough dollops using an ice cream scoop, keeping some space between each.
8. Smooth tops of dough with a finger dipped in cold water.
9. Bake in oven, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden.
10. Leave the puffs for several minutes in oven with oven door open; then cool on a wire rack.
For Cream Filling
11. In a medium bowl, beat together pudding mix and milk using an electric mixer on medium-high speed; set aside.
12. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
13. Lightly fold whipped cream into pudding mixture cover and refrigerate until chilled.
14. Fill the cream filling in a piping bag.
15. Using a serrated knife, slice puffs open, pipe bottom part of puff with cream filling and place the other part on top.
16. Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of melted chocolate and serve.
You can also fill the dough in a piping bag and pipe the dough, instead of using ice cream scoop.
To fill the piping bag, easy way is to put piping bag in a glass, and fill with filling to be piped.
Serve within one hour of filling with cream or Puffs will go soggy