I'm normally not that skilled with decorating with melted chocolate, but I don't let that stop me from enjoying these amazingly easy and yummy Oreo Truffles. Once I saw the ingredients for this recipe I knew I'd like them. I mean come on, Oreos, cream cheese and chocolate, no brainer.
These Oreo truffles make great, inexpensive gifts, party favors, etc. Try them! You just might fall in love.
500 Gram (1 pack)
8 Ounce, softened
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a food processor crush Oreos into fine crumbs and transfer into a large bowl.
3. Add cream cheese and using fingers or two forks to blend the cream cheese with the Oreos to form dough.
4. Roll the cookie mixture into small balls.
5. Place the balls on parchment paper and freeze for 15 minutes.
6. In a double boiler melt semi-sweet chocolate.
7. Remove the balls from the freezer and put them into the melted chocolate one by one.
8. Use two forks or a skewer to cover the balls with melted chocolate.
9. Place the balls back on the parchment paper and back into the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
10. In double boiler melt white chocolate and allow it to cool until warm.
11. Fill it into a piping bag or (zip-lock bag with the corner snipped off.).
12. Drizzle the white chocolate onto the chocolate coated balls.
13. Place back into the freezer for 5 minutes or until white chocolate is set.
14. In a serving platter, arrange the truffles and serve chilled.
Do you love chocolates but often wonder about the calories? Monique as prepared a low-calorie but delicious alternative that makes for a fun snack as well. If you like Oreos and chocolate, this is the dessert for you.