1) Place the egg yolks and half of the lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
2) Whisk together until the egg yolks become light and frothy.
3) Slowly pour in the melted butter, while continuing to whisk with the yolks.
4) Once the sauce is emulsified, whisk in the rest of the lemon juice, salt, pepper and the chopped fresh herbs.
5) Spoon over your favorite dish and enjoy!
Hollandaise sauce is a wonderfully rich, lemony and buttery sauce. This sauce is a perfect accompaniment for steamed vegetables or eggs Benedict. Chef Caitlin utilizes Safest Choice Eggs for the recipe.