Hi GialloZafferano viewers and welcome to our kitchen. I'm Sonia and today we'll be preparing an old French recipe -- the base for assembling crepes. This recipe can be used for both sweet and savoury crepes.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 3⁄4 Tablespoon
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1. Place the flour in a large tall dry bowl, add salt and pour milk and whisk, slowly bring the flour into the center and whisk that as well, the mixture should be free from any lumps.
2. Add the beaten eggs and continue to whisk, once the mixture is smooth cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes add the melted butter to the bowl and mix well.
4. Heat a pan and pour a ladle of the batter in the pan, rotate the pan so that the batter covers the entire surface of the pan.
5. Let the crepes brown at the bottom and then using a long thin spatula turn the crepes and allow the other side to brown.
6. Once done place the crepes on the plate and fill it with savory or sweet filling.
7. Serve the crepes at breakfast along with a cup of tea.