In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make a simple, basic white sauce.
Unsalted butter/Salted butter
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Place a heavy saucepan over medium low heat and melt butter in it.
2. Gradually stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Slowly add the milk stirring continuously and add the salt and pepper. Cook for another 15 minutes on low heat or until thickened.
4. When the sauce thickens and becomes creamy remove from the heat.
5. You can use the sauce as it is or add cheese for more flavor.
White sauce is also known as Béchamel sauce, is used in a variety of dishes and is the base for many sauces. It is so easy to prepare White Sauce. You can always add cheese to it, to give a better flavor.