Easy French toast recipe is the most rewarding thing for brunches and different morning gatherings.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1) If you have stale baguette use it, just cut it to ½ inch (1½ centimeter) slices and then follow the recipe.
2) If you have fresh baguette you can use it as well. Just cut it to ½-in (1½cm) slices and let them stand for 30 minutes or so outside, or pop the cut slices to preheated oven to 250F (120C) for 10 minutes and then follow the recipe.
3) Take flat shallow dish with little borders and mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract, salt and 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
4) Take another shallow dish and mix sugar and cinnamon.
5) Preheat flat non stick griddle to medium-low heat and add small knob of butter.
6) Soak the baguette slices for 10 seconds or so per side in eggs batter and place them on a griddle.
7)Cook for 2 minutes or until the side caramelizes. Flip to the other side and cook for another minute or until the second side caramelizes as well.
8) Take them out and cover with sugar-cinnamon mix. Add another knob of butter to the griddle and continue frying the next batch.