Strawberry, Blackberry, Champagne Terrine
|For the strawberry layer (bottom layer of the terrine)|
|Super fine sugar||3 Teaspoon|
|Gelatin||1⁄3 Ounce (One packet used)|
|For the champagne layer|
|Champagne||1 1⁄3 Cup (20.8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (As needed to dissolve the gelatin)|
|Super fine sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For the blackberry layer|
|For the garnish|
|Creme fraiche||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs) (As needed)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||4 Medium (As needed)|
1. Let strawberries and blackberries sit at room temperature overnight to dehydrate them slightly and intensify the flavor.
2. In a food processor, puree strawberries. Add sugar and pulse a couple of times to mix. Set this aside.
3. In a sauce pan,(no heat at the moment) add gelatin and add champagne. Start to mix to dissolve the gelatin.
4. Put the pan on low heat to help dissolve. Stir in strawberry puree. Add a pinch of salt and remove from the heat.
5. Spoon about 1 tbsp of puree in each tartlet. Refrigerate and allow to set completely. (This would make the bottom layer of the terrine)
6. For the Champagne layer, to the pan add champagne. Bring to a boil and skim any scum that rises to the top.
7. In a small bowl, add gelatin and some cold water and mix.
8. Slowly incorporate the boiled champagne into this bowl (with the gelatin mixture) and mix in sugar. Set aside and allow to come to room temperature.
9. For the final blackberry layer, into the food processor, puree the blackberries. Add sugar and pulse a couple of times to mix. (Strain if you do not like the seeds)
10. In a sauce pan (no heat), place gelatin and add champagne. Start to mix and turn pan on to low heat to help dissolve. Stir in blackberry puree. Add a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
11. Remove tartlets from the refrigerator (with the strawberry layer at the bottom). Add champagne layer (about 2 tbsp per tartlet).
12. Return to fridge to set. Continue to add layers until full. (Starting with strawberry at the bottom - champagne - blackberry - champagne - and strawberry on the top).
13. Quickly dip mold in hot water for a few seconds just to loosen terrine.
14. Flip tartlet onto a dish and give it a tap to pop it out.
15. Top with a bit of creme fraiche and mint and serve chilled.
2. Tartlets - as needed
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74.7 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 104.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet