How to Make Great Quiche
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Cream/Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cremini mushroom/Button mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gruyere||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar/Smoked cheddar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
|Butter||3 Ounce, softened|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a bowl, blend butter, ½ teaspoon of salt and cream cheese together using electric blender.
3. Add in the flour little at a time and blend well after each addition.
4. Press the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of greased large muffing pan, and set aside.
5. In a non-stick pan, fry bacon until light brown in colour, for about 5 minutes.
6. Add in the onions and mushrooms and stir to cook slightly, and take the pan off the heat.
7. In a bowl, whisk together cream, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper, until light and fluffy.
8. Add in the cheese reserving some cheese for topping, and mix well.
9. Stir in the bacon mixture and mix.
10. In the muffin tray, place spinach in thin layer, and ladle the cream mixture on top of each.
11. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until light brown on top.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
13. Serve hot as desired.
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g119.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.7 mg82.9%
Sodium 539.3 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 46.2% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 59.2% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet