Easier than ya think! I'm gifting mine to my family as an early Christmas Treat. Tuck in tissue in cute boxes, add a bow or two and deliver happiness to your loved ones!
Bittersweet chocolate/Semi sweet chocolate chips
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Dash (Smoked Salt or Fleur de Sel)
1. Using a sharp knife, split the vanilla bean and scrape it.
2. In saucepan, place cream and add in the whole vanilla beans and scraped vanilla beans.
3. Put the saucepan on low heat and allow to heat for about 6 minutes or until the edges just starts to bubble up. do not boil.
4. Turn off the heat, and pour the cream, liquor and salt over the chocolate, and stir until the chocolate melts.
5. Allow the chocolate to refrigerate for about 5 to 6 hours.
6. Scoop the chocolate using small ice cream scoop and place on the silicon mat.
7. Refrigerate until chill and firm.
8. Roll in the chocolate scoops crushed candies, nuts, dusted cocoa, or dip in more chocolate as desired.
9. Serve as desired.
DO not scald your milk.
You can set the Ganache on your counter top (if it's not too warm in your house) for several hours. If you're pressed for time, you can pop 'em into your fridge for 2-3 hours --- take it out, scoop, then return back to the fridge for 30-45 minutes or so.
If you want to make this real quick you can put the whole mixture into the microwave, freeze the mixture and proceed.