|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cane sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Demerara sugar)|
1. Preheat the oven at 325º F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until combined.
3. Gradually add in the hot heavy cream in small batches, whisking continually.
4. Add in the salt and vanilla and whisk until combined.
5. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug.
6. Pour the mixture gently into ramekins. Prick any bubbles with a tooth pick.
7. Place in a baking dish and fill half-way up with hot water.
8. Bake for 30 minutes at 335 degrees F, or until just set.
9. Remove the crème from water bath and place on a cooling rack.
10. Refrigerate for 180 minutes.
11. Apply a light coating of cane sugar and torch. Repeat the process.
12. Serve Crème Brulee for dessert.