Betty's Elegant French Hot Chocolate ☆
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||4 Tablespoon|
1. In a double boiler, allow unsweetened chocolate to melt. Add water to it and stir until blended.
2. Add sugar and salt. Allow to boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Once done, let it cool completely in refrigerator before further use.
3. When ready to serve, beat 1/2 pint whipping cream until stiff and fold it into chocolate syrup.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture into each cup.
5. Heat 6 cups milk to scalding point.
6. Pour over chocolate in cups.
7. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder to serve.
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145 mg48.3%
Sodium 238.5 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 61.2 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 44.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet