Ham Turnips Au Gratin
|Turnips||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried savory||1 Teaspoon (whole)|
|Julienned cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan place the turnips. Add salt and water. Cover and boil.
2. Cook over medium heat, keeping the saucepan covered for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add pepper, whipping cream and savory. Set it aside.
4. In a 2 quart casserole add cooking spray to grease. Place 1/3 of the turnips in the casserole.
5. Add 1/3 cup ham as a topping and 1/3 cup whipping cream mixture.
6. Add turnips and repeat the same process of arranging whipping cream mixture, ham and turnips.
7. Add breadcrumbs and cheese as topping. Add additional butter.
8. Bake for 45 minutes at 375°F until golend on top.
9. Serve Turnips Au Gratin with cheese topping.
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.4%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.6 mg43.9%
Sodium 389.6 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 53.8%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet