|Sole fillets||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oysters in liquid/Mussels in liquid||1⁄2 Pint|
|For sauce normande|
|Cooked shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, washed and sliced|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (reserved)|
|Dry white wine/Cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Rinse fillets in cold water. Use paper towel to dry them.
3. Fold fillets over in thirds.
4. In a lightly buttered 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish, arrange fillets in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice, pepper and salt. Dot a bit of butter.
6. Pour wine generously. Top fillets with bay leaf, onion and tarragon.
7. Place dish in preheated oven and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Test the fish with a fork to check if cooked.
8. In small saucepan, cook oysters till their edges start curling. Drain their excess liquid and keep them aside.
9. In a large, shallow serving dish, place fillets by lifting using a slotted spatula. Keep the fillets warm and store their cooking stock in another bowl.
To make the sauce
10. In a saucepan, melt butter.
11. Add mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in between occasionally.
12. Remove pan from heat. Add flour to pan and mix until smooth.
13. Add reserved fish stock and wine.
14. Place the pan over heat, and cook over medium heat till the mixture boils. Stir constantly so that the ingredients do not stick.
15. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
16. In medium bowl, combine egg yolks and cream. Using a spoon mix well.
17. Add hot mushroom mixture. Stir. Pour the ingredients back to saucepan. Cook for several minutes till the mixture thickens.
18. Add shrimp. Boil again.
19. Reduce heat. Simmer for 2 -3 minutes till the shrimps are tender.
20. Add oysters and shrimp to sauce. Drain any excess liquid present in dish.
21. Serve Sole Normande immediately with sauce poured all over.
Calories 781 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 452.9 mg151%
Sodium 1189.7 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 79 g158.9%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet