|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Teaspoon, melted|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Golden rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For souffle filling|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Yellow food color||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. In medium bowl beat 2 eggs.
3. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla, flour, 1 cup milk, and butter to the egg mixture. Stir to get a smooth consistency.
4. Lightly grease a hot 7-inch skillet. In the skillet add 2 tablespoons batter.
5. Spread the batter completely on the bottom of the pan by rotating the pan.
6. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes to brown both the sides.
7. On a plate place the crepes.
8. Now, for sauce, on top of a double boiler, place egg yolks.
9. Gradually stir in granulated sugar, milk, cream and mace.
10. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until thickened-€”about 10 minutes. Remove from water.
11. Add rum to it. Keep warm.
12. In small bowl beat the egg whites for souffle filling.
13. Add confectioners' sugar to it. Beat for 10 minutes to form peaks when the beaters are removed slowly.
14. Add extracts, orange peel, and yellow food color to the mixture. Mix well.
15. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons on the center of the crepe.
16. Fold the crape in half. Let the filling be inside.
17. Place in shallow pan. Bake for 5 minutes till very hot and puffed.
18. Spoon some sauce over the crepes.
20. Serve Crepes Souffles immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2259 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.1%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g141%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1089.5 mg363.2%
Sodium 468.2 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 341 g113.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 237.9 g
Protein 55 g109%
Vitamin A 44.7% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 57.1% Iron 51.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet