Coquilles St. Jacques
|Bay scallops/Sea scallops||1 Pound|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, washed and sliced|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (packaged)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Grated parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and dry the scallops. Cut them in quarter pieces.
2. In large skillet mix wine, scallops, mushrooms parsley,bay leaf, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
3. Place the pan on heat and cook. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Strain excess stock. Keep it aside.
5. In a bowl reserve scallops and mushrooms.
6. In large heavy saucepan add 3 tablespoons of butter and melt it.
7. Remove pan from heat. Add flour, pepper and salt. Mix well.
8. Place the pan on heat and heat again for 5 minutes.
9. Stir in 1 cup reserved stock. Boil the mixture and cook till the mixture thickens. Keep stirring in between to prevent the ingredients from sticking.
10. In a bowl, add cream to egg yolks. Mix.
11. Add little hot sauce and mix well. Pour the rest of the sauce and stir well.
12. Cook for 1- 2 minutes stirring in between.
13. Add mushrooms, scallops and lemon juice after moving it away from heat. Stir well.
14. In six (4-inch) round baking dishes pour in the mixture slowly.
15. Toss the crumbs in melted butter. Sprinkle parmesan cheese as toppings.
16. Place baking dishes on cookie sheet. Brown well.
17. Serve Coquilles St. Jacques immediately.
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g93.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.5 mg79.2%
Sodium 1088.5 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 47.8% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet