Overnight French Toast
|Cinnamon raisin bread||1 Pound, unsliced (1 loaf)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 350°,
2. Slice the ends from bread.
3. Slice the remaining loaf into eight 1-inch slices and place in two greased 8-in. square baking pans.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, cream, brown sugar, pie spice and flavorings.
5. Gradually mix milk, beating until contents get blended and pour it over the bread.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
8. Dot with butter on top.
9. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes.
10. Serve warm and garnish with strawberries or syrup if desired.