Coquilles St. Jacques
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, mashed|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine/Sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Crisp breadcrumbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
1) In a saucepan, simmer scallops with milk for about 10 minutes, until quite soft. Cook them slowly.
2) When the scallops are cooked, take them out and put in the centre of their shells.
3) Make a border around them with mashed potatoes.
4) In a pan, melt butter and add flour and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Slowly add milk to make 6 tablespoons.
6) Cook until thick and then add seasoning, wine and cream.
7) Spoon the sauce over scallops and sprinkle crumbs and cheese.
8) Bake it until the dish is crisp and browns from top.
9) Serve Coquilles St. Jacques hot as appetizers.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.8 mg15.3%
Sodium 240.6 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet