Coquilles St. Jacques
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, mashed|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine/Sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Crisp breadcrumbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
1) In a saucepan, simmer scallops with milk for about 10 minutes, until quite soft. Cook them slowly.
2) When the scallops are cooked, take them out and put in the centre of their shells.
3) Make a border around them with mashed potatoes.
4) In a pan, melt butter and add flour and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Slowly add milk to make 6 tablespoons.
6) Cook until thick and then add seasoning, wine and cream.
7) Spoon the sauce over scallops and sprinkle crumbs and cheese.
8) Bake it until the dish is crisp and browns from top.
9) Serve Coquilles St. Jacques hot as appetizers.