Chicken Cordon Bleu
|Chopped cooked ham||4 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated swiss cheese||4 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Dried white breadcrumbs||3 Ounce|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
1) With skin side downwards, place 4 chicken breasts, and with a sharp knife cut a shallow slit down centre of each without cutting through to skin.
2) Then cut shallow pockets on either side of these slits.
3) Crush the garlic.
4) Mix ham and cheese with crushed garlic and a little white wine to moisten.
5) Season well the ham-cheese mixture well.
6) Fill into pockets in chicken breasts and seal slit with the small finger-shaped fillet which is attached to each breast.
7) Keep in fridge to chill for thirty minutes.
8) Season the flour and coat chicken pieces well in it.
9) Brush carefully with egg beaten with 1 teaspoon of oil, and roll in breadcrumbs.
10) Heat oil, and add butter. When foaming, fry chicken breasts until tender, golden brown and crisp all over.
11) Drain on paper towel.
12) Serve the chicken with asparagus spears or broccoli, and a party salad.