French Style Sausage Casserole
|Extra lean sausages||1 Pound (450 gram, 1 pack)|
|Low fat cooking spray||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Gravy granules||4 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole grain mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown ale||7 Fluid Ounce (200 milliliter)|
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/tan oven 1 70°C.
2. In a baking tray, place sausages.
3. Put the tray in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
4. In a non-stick frying pan, put low-fat cooking spray.
5. Add onion and garlic.
6. Gently fry until they start to brown.
7. Meanwhile, using the gravy granules and boiling water, make 250 ml (9 fl oz) of gravy.
8. In gravy, add vinegar, mustard and the ale.
9. Stir well to mix.
10. In a casserole dish, transfer the onion and garlic mixture.
11. Top with the part-baked sausages.
12. Pour the gravy over them.
13. Reduce the oven temperature to Gas Mark 3/1 60°C/fan oven 1 40°C.
14. Cover the casserole and cook for 3/4 hour.
15. Remove the cover.
16. Baste the sausages with the gravy from the bottom of the dish and cook for 15 minutes more.
17. Serve French style sausage casserole hot with lemon wedge garnish.