French Bean Casserole
|Dried white navy beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Onion||1 Medium, stuck with 2 cloves|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Pepperoni||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Bouillon cubes||4 , dissolved in 3 cups hot water|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Soak the beans overnight and drain.
2) Preheat oven to 275° F.
3) Take a large casserole and line it with bacon.
4) Take a large bowl and combine together beans, whole onion, carrot, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and pepper.
5) Pour the mixture into the casserole and cover with water. Bake for about 2 hours.
6) In the meanwhile, put all the other ingredients in a pot and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring repeatedly.
7) Empty the meat mixture into the casserole and stir nicely.
8) Add the bread crumbs.
9) Increase heat to 375° F and bake for about 15 minutes or more.
10) Remove from the oven and serve immediately.