Basic Savory Souffle
|For economical souffle|
|For lighter souffle|
1. Preheat oven at 400°F or Gas Mark 5.
2. In a large saucepan, heat butter.
3. Add flour and cook for several minutes.
4. Add milk and bring it to a boil. Let it cook until it thickens and keep stirring it vigorously. Season.
5. Add the prepared filling and colour which shows grated Dutch cheese being added.
6. In a bowl, break eggs. Separate yolks from the white of the eggs. Beat the yolks and add it to the mixture.
7. Beat the egg whites till it forms stiff peaks. Add the egg whites mixture into the saucepan.
8. In a souffle dish, pour the above mixture.
9. Bake it in the centre of a moderately hot oven at 400°F or Gas Mark 5 for around 35 minutes or until it is well risen and brown. The lighter souffle will take around 30 minutes to cook.
10. Serve Souffle at once, straight from the oven.