Pear Brie Soup
|Pears||3⁄4 Pound, peeled, halved, cored, chopped (2 Small Sized)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||5 Ounce (2/3 Cup)|
|Brie cheese||4 Ounce, well chilled, rind removed, cut into small cubes|
1. In medium saucepan, add in pears, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and 1 cup of the chicken broth, stir.
2. Bring the contents to boil.
3. Decrease heat, cook under cover for 15 to 20 minutes until pears are tender.
4. Puree mixture in a food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container. Set aside.
5. Use medium heat to melt margarine in a heavy saucepan.
6. Stir in flour.
7. Add in the chicken broth; cook for 1 minute.
8. Add in evaporated milk and stir.
9. Add cheese, stir until it melts and becomes smooth.
10. Add the pureed pear.
11. Use gentle heat and avoid boiling.
12. Use nutmeg for seasoning or garnish as desired.
13. Serve hot.