Cold Souffle Milanaise
|Eggs||8 , separated|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatine||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Limes||1 , squeezed|
|Oranges||2 , peel grated and squeezed|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1) Lightly grease and sugar a 2-quart souffle mold and tie a collar of buttered waxed paper around it.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat together egg yolks with the 1 tablespoon of sugar and the flour.
3) In a saucepan, place the milk and heat to a boil.
4) Stir in 1/2 cup of the hot milk to the egg yolks until well mixed.
5) Beat continuously and add the yolks mixture into the hot milk in the saucepan.
6) Simmer and cook the egg yolk mixture until it thickens for 2 minutes.
7) Take the pan away from heat.
8) In a bowl, soak the gelatine in 1/2 cup cold water until soften.
9) Over a pan of hot water place the gelatin bowl to melt the gelatine; and mix it into the custard.
10) Stir in the peel and juice of the citrus fruits into the custard.
11) In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
12) Beat in 1/2 cup of the sugar and continue beating until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
13) Using a whisk fold the custard mixture into the meringue.
14) Add in the remaining sugar and the whipped cream, fold until well mixed 7. 15) Transfer the souffle mixture right up to the top in the prepared mold.
16) Refrigerate until chilled for at least 4 hours
17) Serve chilled topped with whipped cream if desired.