|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Green zucchini||3 , unpeeled and sliced|
|Egg plant||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Green peppers||2 , cleaned and sliced|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
1. Prepare garlic and other vegetables and keep them separately on a large platter.
2. Spoon some sugar over the tomatoes.
3. Take a heavy metal saucepan and heat ½ cup of oil into it.
4. Stir in onions and brown them lightly. Add eggplant and stir for 3 minutes until slightly softened. Stir in tomatoes and crush it to the mixture using a wooden spoon. Stir and blend the mixture for about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in zucchini, green peppers, and garlic and stir it well until combined.
6. Cook the mixture over the high heat for few minutes and keep on stirring for most of the time.
7. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the thyme.
8. Simmer the mixture uncovered over low heat for an hour and stir once or twice during the cooking time.
9. When the mixture attains consistency of tomato sauce, just pour it into a covered dish and freeze it for 10 - 12 hours before serving.
10. Serve the ratatouille Nicoise after stirring in the remaining oil and lemon juice.