French Beans with Water Chestnuts
|French beans||4 Ounce, top and tailed (100 Gram)|
|Canned water chestnuts||3 , drained and sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
1) In a pot, with boiling salted water cook the beans for about 3 minutes.
2) Pour off the water and plunge into a bowl of cold water.
3) Strain the beans.
4) In a non-stick pan, melt the butter and saute the beans, stirring, for 1-€”2 minutes.
5) Mix in the water chestnuts and allow to cook for 1 minute more, tossing the vegetables continuously.
6) Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Garnish sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 421 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 0.97%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet