Chicken Liver Pate
|Chicken liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooking fat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cooking Fat-)|
|Eggs||2 , hard boiled|
1) In a saucepan, heat fat and saute the liver until lightly brown.
2) Remove the pan from heat and leave to cool.
3) In a food processor place cooked liver, onion and eggs.
4) Process the leave mixture until minced
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Stir the mince mixture with fork using any fat left in the pan .
7) Serve pate on biscuits or on plates as hors d'oeuvres with grated yolk of hard boiled eggs and/or thin slices of pickled cucumber and black olives if desired.
Calories 788 Calories from Fat 598
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.7%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 602.7 mg200.9%
Sodium 356.9 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 28 g55.5%
Vitamin A 256.2% Vitamin C 59.2%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 64.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet