|Cauliflower florets||6 Ounce (175 g)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Thick mayonnaise||75 Milliliter (5 tablespoon)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind finely grated|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 g)|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (to garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
3) In a pot, with salted boiling water cook the cauliflower florets for about 5 minutes, tender but crispy.
4) Pour off the water and drain well.
5) Place the cauliflower in the bottom of ovenproof dish.
6) In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon rind, egg yolks and half of the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
7) In a separate bowl, place egg white and beat until stiff.
8) Gently fold the egg whites into the mayonnaise mixture.
9) Spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the cauliflower.
10) Dredge with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until risen and golden.
11) Serve hot garnished with a sprig of parsley.