Microwave Cooked Ratatouille
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or pressed|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cut into 1/4-inch. sliced|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, peeled and cut into wedges|
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In 3-qt casserole, add onion, green pepper, eggplant, garlic and oil.
3) Cover the casserole.
4) Microwave at High 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is tender and eggplant is translucent.
5) Add the remaining ingredients except tomatoes.
6) Cover the dish again.
7) Microwave at High 5 to 7 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender, stirring after half the cooking time.
8) Add tomatoes and gently mix them with vegetables.
9) Cover the dish.
10) Microwave at High 2 minutes, or until tomatoes are heated and vegetables are tender, stirring after half the cooking time.
11) Serve the Ratatouille as side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 844 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.7%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2060.5 mg85.9%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 29.7 g118.8%
Sugars 39.6 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 115.8% Vitamin C 441.9%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 80.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet