Hot Chocolate Souffles for Two
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Plain chocolate||40 Gram|
|Milk||75 Milliliter (5 tablespoons)|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Plain flour||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease two 150 ml ( 1/4 pint) souffle dishes or ramekins with little butter.
3) In a saucepan, place the chocolate, 4 tablespoons of milk and the sugar.
4) Simmer, stirring continuously, until the chocolate melts completely and the sugar dissolves.
5) In a small bowl, mix together remaining 15 ml milk with the flour to make a smooth paste.
6) Mix the flour mixture with the chocolate mixture.
7) In another saucepan, pour in the chocolate mixture and heat to the boil.
8) Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
9) Mix in the remaining butter a little at a time.
10) Take the saucepan off the heat and allow the mixture to cool until lukewarm.
11) Beat the egg yolk in the chocolate mixture.
12) In a clean bowl, beat the egg white until stiff and fold gently into the chocolate mixture until evenly blended.
13) Transfer the chocolate mixture into the souffle dishes.
14) Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until well risen and firm to the touch.
15) Serve the souffles immediately.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.7 mg41.6%
Sodium 53 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet