|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), scalded|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||2 Ounce (2 squares, 1-ounce each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brewed coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Lightly butter bottom of a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, and set aside.
3. In a heavy saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat and add flour, stirring until smooth.
4. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly and gradually add milk.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly and stir in salt.
6. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. In top of a double boiler bring water to a boil combining 2 squares chocolate, 1/2 cup sugar and coffee.
8. Reduce heat to low and cook until chocolate melts.
9. Stir chocolate mixture into sauce.
10. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks, add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly and stir in vanilla.
11. Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff, but not dry peaks form.
12. Gently fold into chocolate mixture and carefully spoon into prepared souffle dish.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until puffed and set.
14. Serve immediately with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg36.3%
Sodium 95.4 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet