Banana Daiquiri Souffle
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelopes)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lime rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Banana flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Bananas||4 , diced|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped|
|Banana||1 , sliced|
1. In a bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin and salt in a saucepan and set aside.
2. In another bowl combine egg yolks and water, mixing well and stir into gelatin mixture.
3. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves.
4. Remove from heat and add lime rind, 1/4 cup lime juice, rum and banana liqueur.
5. Chill, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
6. In a bowl beat egg whites at room temperature until foamy.
7. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
8. Toss diced bananas with 3 tablespoons lime juice.
9. Gently fold beaten egg whites, diced banana and whipped cream into gelatin mixture.
10. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish and chill until firm.
11. Toss sliced banana with remaining tablespoon of lime juice, arrange over top of souffle and serve.
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.6 mg58.9%
Sodium 79.8 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet