|Live lobsters||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 In Number)|
|Butter||4 1⁄3 Tablespoon, cut into 1/4-inch bits (3 Tablespoons Plus 4 Teaspoons)|
|Chopped fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||6 , lightly beaten|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped pimiento||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground red cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use Hot Cayenne)|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Drop|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated imported parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft fresh bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Made From Homemade-Type White Bread, Pulverized In A Blender Or Finely Shredded With A Fork)|
To prepare the lobster :
1. Fill halfway a 12- to 14-quart pot with enough water, bring to a boil over high heat and plunge two of the lobsters headfirst into the pot such that both the lobsters are entirely submerged.
2. If the water is not sufficient add more boiling water.
3. Cover the pot tightly, return to a boil, then reduce the heat to moderate and boil the lobsters for 15 minutes.
4. Regulate the heat if necessary to prevent the water from boiling over, but keep the liquid at a boil throughout the cooking.
5. To test for doneness, remove one lobster from the pot, grasp the end of one of the small legs at either side of the body and jerk it sharply.
6. If the leg pulls away from the body, the lobster is done or else boil the lobsters for 2 or 3 minutes longer.
7. With tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked lobsters to a platter to drain and boil the remaining 2 lobsters in the same water, adding more water if necessary.
To cut the lobster meat :
8. On a cutting board place the boiled lobsters one at a time.
9. Twist off the large claws at the point where they meet the body, crack each claw in two or three places with a cleaver, and pick out all the meat.
10. Cut the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces, reserve it and discard the claw shells.
11. Twist off the antennae and the legs and discard them.
12. Turn the lobster on its back and, with kitchen scissors, cut lengthwise through the soft tail and stomach shell.
13. Remove and discard the gelatinous sac (stomach) in the head and the long white intestinal vein attached to it.
14. Scoop out and save the greenish-brown tomalley (liver) and the red coral (roe) if any.
15. Lift the tail meat out in one piece and cut it into 1/2-inch cubes.
16. Set the lobster meat and body shell aside and prepare the three remaining lobsters in the same manner.
17. About half an hour before you plan to serve the lobsters, preheat the oven to 350°.
18. In a heavy 10- to 12-inch skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat and let the foam begin to subside.
19. Then add the mushrooms and stirring occasionally, cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes until the liquid that accumulates in the pan has evaporated taking care to not let the mushrooms brown.
20. Stir in the reserved lobster meat.
21. In a small saucepan over low heat warm the brandy, ignite it with a match and pour it flaming over the lobster mixture a little at a time, sliding the skillet gently back and forth until the flames die.
22. Stir in the cream, cook over moderate heat until it comes to a boil and reduce the heat to its lowest setting.
23. Ladle about 2 tablespoons of the hot cream into the egg yolks, mix well and pour the mixture into the skillet.
24. Stirring constantly, simmer over low heat for 2 or 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens and is smooth.
25. Do not let the sauce come anywhere near a boil or the egg yolks will curdle.
26. Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the worcestershire, pimiento, parsley, red pepper, tabasco and salt and taste for seasoning.
27. Into the reserved shells, spoon the lobster-and-mushroom mixture and the sauce dividing the mixture evenly among them.
28. In a bowl mix together the grated cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle them over the lobsters.
29. Dot the tops with the 4 teaspoons of butter bits.
30. Arrange the lobsters side by side on one or two large baking sheets and bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes until the sauce has begun to bubble and the crumb topping has become golden brown.
31. Serve the lobsters as soon as removing from the oven.
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 430.3 mg143.4%
Sodium 978.1 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet