|For cream puff ring|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For almond chantilly|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apple jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3) To make Cream-Puff Ring: take a medium saucepan and mix butter, water and salt and bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
4) Add all the flour at once beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Return to heat and beat until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of pan. Turn off heat.
5) Fold in eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition. Beat the mixture until shiny and breaks in strands.
6) Make a 9-inch circle on foil-lined 15 1/2-by- 12-inch cookie sheet and then a 4-inch circle in center of 9-inch circle.
7) Add cream puff batter in a large pastry bag with a star tip. And Pipe cream-puff batter onto foil in rings to cover area between circles, forming a 1/2-inch-high base. Pipe remaining batter onto base to form ten 2-inch-wide mounds.
8) Bake it for about 50 minutes, or until ring is firm and deep golden-brown. Turn off heat and leave the ring in oven 30 minutes more. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
9) To make Almond Chantilly: take a small bowl and beat together cream with confectioners' sugar and extracts with electric mixer until stiff peaks form Chill the mixture.
10) Take a small saucepan and heat apple jelly until just melted. Stir constantly. Turn off heat and cool a bit.
11) Now, assemble the dish. Using a long serrated knife, split ring in half horizontally and discard any filaments of soft dough. Apply a coat of jelly on top half of ring to glaze. Sprinkle almonds on top.
12) Take off foil from bottom of ring and put it on serving plate.
13) Fill Chantilly into large pastry bag fitted with large star tip and just before serving, pipe Chantilly decoratively into bottom half of ring.
14) Cover with top of ring and arrange whole strawberries in center. Serve.