Cranberry Topped Holiday Souffle
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grand marnier/Other orange-flavored liqueur||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Canned whole berry cranberry sauce||32 Ounce (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan soften gelatin in milk and let it stand for 1 minute.
2. In a bowl beat egg yolks and add to gelatin mixture.
3. Bring to a boil stirring in 1/3 cup sugar and over low heat, stirring constantly.
4. Remove mixture from heat, let it cool and stir in liqueur.
5. Chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
6. In another bowl beat egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy.
7. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form and fold into gelatin mixture.
8. Fold whipped cream into gelatin mixture, spoon into a 3-quart souffle dish and chill until firm.
9. In a bowl combine cranberry sauce, chopped walnuts and orange rind, stirring well and chill.
10. Into individual serving dishes spoon souffle, top each serving with cranberry mixture and serve.