Fresh Peach Crepes
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe peaches||6 Large, peeled, seeded, and sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Ground ginger||1 Dash|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) For the crepes, in an electric blender, add all ingredients except vegetable oil.
2) Process for a 1 minute till all ingredients are well blended.
3) Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the blender.
4) Process for another 15 seconds.
5) Chill for 1 hour till the flour particles swell and soften.
6) Using vegetable oil, grease the base of a 6-inch crepe pan and place over medium heat till the oil is well heated.
7) Add 3 tablespoons batter into the pan.
8) Rotate the pan well so that batter spreads and covers the base, forming a thin coating.
9) Cook the crepe for 1 minute.
10) To check if cooked, lift the edge of the crepe.
11) When it comes off easily, then the crepe is ready to be flipped.
12) Flip over and cook the other side for about 30 seconds. This side is rarely more than spotty brown and is the side over which the filling is added.
13) Place the crepes on a towel and allow to cool.
14) Stack cooled crepes between layers of waxed paper.
15) For the Fresh Peach Crepes, in a bowl, add cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla and beat till smooth.
16) Over each crepe, spread about 3 tablespoons of cream cheese.
17) Keeping aside peach slices for garnishing, arrange the rest in a single row down the center of each crepe.
18) Add 1 tablespoon of butter over the peaches in each crepe.
19) Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar over.
20) Roll up the crepes and arrange in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish.
21) Place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 325°.
22) In a bowl, add whipping cream and powdered sugar and beat till stiff peaks.
23) Arrange crepes on serving platter.
24) Garnish with whipped cream and peach slices.
25) Serve hot.