French Pastry Cream
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, take honey. Warm it over a very low flame.
2. Add egg yolks to it, one at a time and beating it continuously after every addition. This will turn the mixture into creamy yellow.
3. Add pastry flour and continue to beat until mixture is smooth and without any lumps.
4. In another saucepan, bring milk to a boil.
5. Add milk very slowly to the egg mixture, stirring it constantly with a wire whisk.
6. Cook over a low flame for around 5 minutes or till the custard starts to bubble. Stir and continue to cook for another 2 minutes taking care that the pastry cream does not boil.
7. Remove from flame and add vanilla extract. Keep it aside to cool. Stir occasionally to prevent a crust layer from forming. Refrigerate.
8. Use French Pastry Cream as needed from the refrigerator.