Jeweled Pork Terrine
|Romaine lettuce||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|Red peppers||2 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|Boneless pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, uncooked , cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cream||3 Cup (48 tbs), whipped|
|Green onion stems||2|
|Steamed tomato roses||4|
1) Wash the romaine lettuce and trim the stems.
2) Take the boiling water and cook the lettuce for 2 minutes.
3) Make the leaves dry by spreading them on the paper towels.
5) Wash the carrots and scrape them. Make many notches on the carrots with knife.
6) Put the carrots in boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
7) Steam broccoli for 8 minutes and drain on paper towels.
8) Steam green and red pepper strips for 10 minutes. Drain them on paper towels.
9) Take half of the pork along with half of seasonings in a food processor.
10) Blend them to make smooth.
11) Pour 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream along with 1 egg into the food processor and blend them again.
12) Pour this mixture into a big bowl.
13) Repeat the procedure with the remaining pork, seasonings, whipping cream and eggs.
14) Add the pork mixtures and cover the bowl. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator.
15) Take a loaf pan and put the romaine leaves.
16) Pour 1/4 of the pork mixture into the loaf pan.
17) Place 1/3 of vegetables over the pork mixture.
18) Repeat making the layers with the remaining pork mixture and vegetables.
19) Keep the overhanging romaine leaves over the final pork mixture layer.
20) Cover the pan with foil and make a hole in the foil in order to allow steam to escape.
21) Put the loaf pan in a baking pan filled with hot water.
22) Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
23) Remove the foil and allow the terrine to cool.
24) Drain off excess liquid.
25) Transfer the terrine into a serving platter. Cover the terrine and refrigerate for overnight.
26) Before serving, bring the terrine to room temperature.
27) Garnish with green onion stems and tomato roses.
28) Slice the terrine with electric knife and serve on 18 individual serving plates.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.2 mg20.7%
Sodium 329.9 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 74.7% Vitamin C 63.8%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet