Bechamel Sauce With All Purpose Flour
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄8 Pound (1/4 Cup)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Regular strength chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, or double boiler over simmering water and melt butter.
2) Stir in the flour till well blended and bubbly.
3) Remove from the heat.
4) Gradually stir in the chicken broth and cream.
5) Cook, stirring constantly, till the mixture is thick and smooth.
6) Add in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
7) Use as a base sauce to cook seafood.