Bechamel Sauce With All Purpose Flour
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄8 Pound (1/4 Cup)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Regular strength chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, or double boiler over simmering water and melt butter.
2) Stir in the flour till well blended and bubbly.
3) Remove from the heat.
4) Gradually stir in the chicken broth and cream.
5) Cook, stirring constantly, till the mixture is thick and smooth.
6) Add in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
7) Use as a base sauce to cook seafood.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1232 Calories from Fat 1059
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185.4%
Saturated Fat 75.6 g377.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.3 mg129.4%
Sodium 691.6 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 77% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet