Easy Potato Souffle
|Mashed potato flakes||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a saucepan prepare potatoes according to package directions, using 1 cup water.
3. Add the next 6 ingredients to the mashed potatoes and combine stirring well.
4. In a bowl beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored and stir into potato mixture.
5. Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff but not dry and gently fold into potato mixture.
6. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole and spoon the mixture into it.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
8. Serve the potatoes souffle immediately or after topping with fresh beaten cream.