Strawberry French Tart
|Puff pastry||1⁄2 Pound (Homemade Or Store Bought)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon lime carbonated beverage||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red food color||1|
1) Take the pastry and roll into 14 1/2x71/2 inch rectangle.
2) Take the baking sheet and sprinkle little water.
3) Place the pastry on baking sheet.
4) Cut around 3/4-inch strip from each side of the pastry.
5) Apply water over the strips and place on top of each long side of pastry rectangle.
6) Repeat the procedure on short sides of rectangle.
7) Prick the pastry with the fork.
8) Mix egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of water.
9) Apply this egg mixture over the border of the pastry and freeze for 10 minutes.
10) Bake the pastry for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
11) Take a saucepan and mix sugar with cornstarch.
12) Add the carbonated beverage and cook on low heat.
13) Add few drops of food color.
14) Take1 pint of strawberries and arrange in pastry shell.
15) Add the glaze over the berries and chill.
16) Slice Tart into equal size portions and arrange on 8 dessert plates.
17) Garnish the with remaining strawberries and mint sprigs.