|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
1) In a bowl, add egg whites to beat until stiff but not dry. Place aside.
2) In another bowl, add egg yolks to beat until thick.
3) In a small saucepan, add butter to melt.
4) Add flour, mustard, salt and pepper to blend in.
5) Gradually add milk to the mixture.
6) Cook the mixture by constant stirring until it becomes thick.
7) Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute.
8) Stir in cheese to melt.
9) Pour the hot mixture into the yolks and stir constantly.
10) Fold this mixture into egg whites.
11) Use the top of 2 qt double boiler to pour the mixture.
12) Cover the double boiler with a lid and bring the water to gentle boil.
13) Cook for 1 hour, or until the knife comes out clean when inserted.
14) Serve the souffle immediately by garnishing with your favorite toppings.
Do not let water touch top pan of double boiler containing cheese mixture.