Poulet A La Marengo
|Broiler fryer||1 , cut in pieces|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and quartered|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. In a pan heat oil and slowly brown chicken and add onion, cook until onion is soft.
2. Drain fat and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add oregano, garlic, wine and broth drained from mushrooms.
4. Scrape bottom of pan to loosen browned bits.
5. Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender for about 35 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and mushrooms to chicken and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.