Apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins...what a delicious way to make French Toast! Easy to make the night before, just pop this in the oven an hour before your breakfast or brunch and thrill your family & friends with a warm and toasty holiday treat!
1 Cup (16 tbs) (packed)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted
1 Tablespoon, divided
Granny smith apples
4 Medium, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
French loaf bread/Italian bread
1 , sliced 1-inch thick
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon until beat well until mixed, set aside.
3. In a lightly greased deep 13"x9" baking pan, mix together brown sugar, butter and one teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Put in the apples and raisins, and mix to coat well.
5. Spread the apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking pan.
6. Arrange bread slices on top of apple mixture and set aside.
7. Drizzle the egg mixture all over the bread, soaking it completely.
8. Cover the baking pan and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
9. Cover with aluminium foil and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
10. Take off the foil and bake for 5 minutes more.
11. Remove the pan from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
12. Serve warm, topped with maple or blueberry syrup if desired.