|Packed grated carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a heavy saucepan add carrots, butter, water, salt, and chives.
3. Cook covered cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle flour into it and stir to mix.
5. Add milk in a stream, stir and cook until thickened.
6. Take off from heat.
7. Beat in 4 egg yolks.
8. In another bowl whip 4 egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
9. Add it to the carrot mixture.
10. Transfer into deep buttered casserole (1 1/2 to 2-qt size).
11. Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned.
12. Serve immediately.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.7 mg73.6%
Sodium 668.3 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 411% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet