|Packed grated carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a heavy saucepan add carrots, butter, water, salt, and chives.
3. Cook covered cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle flour into it and stir to mix.
5. Add milk in a stream, stir and cook until thickened.
6. Take off from heat.
7. Beat in 4 egg yolks.
8. In another bowl whip 4 egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
9. Add it to the carrot mixture.
10. Transfer into deep buttered casserole (1 1/2 to 2-qt size).
11. Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned.
12. Serve immediately.