Chicken Liver Pate With Pork Fillet
|Pork fillet||4 Ounce, chopped (125 Grams)|
|Rindless bacon rashers||2 , chopped|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound, washed and cleaned (250 Grams)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Shallots||4 , chopped|
|Egg||1 Large, chopped|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a blender, blend the pork, bacon, chicken livers, garlic and shallots.
together until smooth.
3) Add the egg, cornflour, white wine, Cointreau, salt, pepper and nutmeg;
blend until thoroughly mixed.
4) In a lightly greased 2 1/2 cup mould or terrine, place a bay leaf at the bottom.
5) Spoon in the meat mixture and cover the mould with a foil.
6) Stand the mould in a dish with enough cold water to come half way up the sides.
7) Cook in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
8) Remove from the oven, place a weight over the mould and allow to cool.
9) Unmould the Chicken Liver Pate on a serving platter and serve with toast or cracker biscuits.
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg55.2%
Sodium 122.5 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.73%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 88.7% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet