|Rindless bacon rashers||3 , chopped|
|Shortcrust pastry||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Milk/Half milk and half cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Tomato||1 , thinly sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Roll the pastry thinly and line a greased 8 inch tart plate or sandwich tin.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, drain thoroughly and sprinkle over the pastry shell.
4) Beat the eggs with the cheese, milk, salt to taste, cayenne and mustard.
5) Spoon the cheese mixture evenly over the bacon in the flan.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7) Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 20 minutes or until the cheese custard filling is set.
8) Garnish the Quiche Lorraine with tomato slices, slice into wedges and serve.
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.5 mg36.5%
Sodium 318 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet