Cassoulet With Italian Sausage
|Italian sausages||12 Large (Uncooked)|
|Frozen lima beans||20 Ounce, thawed (2 Packages)|
|Fresh tomatoes/1 can tomatoes||3|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sweet basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||5 Tablespoon|
|Dry vermouth/Dry white wine||250 Milliliter (1 Large Bottle)|
1. In a cold frying pan place sausages and pour wine until it comes halfway up the sausages.
2. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove cover, saute the sausages until brown and remove to platter.
4. Using a little of the sausage fat, saute onion and garlic until golden.
5. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, pepper, basil and sugar and simmer for about 3 minutes.
6. Add chicken broth and 1/2 cup wine.
7. Add lima beans, sausages and 3 tablespoons of the parsley and cook with cover for 45 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.1 mg43.7%
Sodium 1104.9 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 34 g68.8%
Vitamin A 49% Vitamin C 85.1%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet