Cassoulet With Italian Sausage
|Italian sausages||12 Large (Uncooked)|
|Frozen lima beans||20 Ounce, thawed (2 Packages)|
|Fresh tomatoes/1 can tomatoes||3|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sweet basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||5 Tablespoon|
|Dry vermouth/Dry white wine||250 Milliliter (1 Large Bottle)|
1. In a cold frying pan place sausages and pour wine until it comes halfway up the sausages.
2. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove cover, saute the sausages until brown and remove to platter.
4. Using a little of the sausage fat, saute onion and garlic until golden.
5. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, pepper, basil and sugar and simmer for about 3 minutes.
6. Add chicken broth and 1/2 cup wine.
7. Add lima beans, sausages and 3 tablespoons of the parsley and cook with cover for 45 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.