Tomato Cheese Souffle
|Thin onion slices||4|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Soup)|
|Cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For Egg Whites)|
|Dry mustard powder/Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, bring the milk, bayleaf, onion and clove to a boil.
3) Strain the milk mixture and allow to cool.
4) In another saucepan, melt the butter.
5) Blend in the flour until smooth, then cook for 1 minute without browning.
6) Stir in the strained milk and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency.
7) Stir in the tomato puree, the salt, pepper and grated cheese.
8) Remove from heat and add the egg yolks, beating thoroughly.
9) In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until peaks form.
10) Then combine with the dry mustard or curry powder.
11) Fold into the tomato and cheese mixture, mix thoroughly.
12) In a greased souffle dish, spoon the tomato-cheese mixture.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and brown.
14) Serve the Tomato Cheese Souffle immediately.