Tomato Cheese Souffle
|Thin onion slices||4|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Soup)|
|Cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For Egg Whites)|
|Dry mustard powder/Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, bring the milk, bayleaf, onion and clove to a boil.
3) Strain the milk mixture and allow to cool.
4) In another saucepan, melt the butter.
5) Blend in the flour until smooth, then cook for 1 minute without browning.
6) Stir in the strained milk and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency.
7) Stir in the tomato puree, the salt, pepper and grated cheese.
8) Remove from heat and add the egg yolks, beating thoroughly.
9) In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until peaks form.
10) Then combine with the dry mustard or curry powder.
11) Fold into the tomato and cheese mixture, mix thoroughly.
12) In a greased souffle dish, spoon the tomato-cheese mixture.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and brown.
14) Serve the Tomato Cheese Souffle immediately.
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 271.4 mg90.5%
Sodium 563.9 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 41.3% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet